sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Yes a small red light comes on and its making a noise but still

Customer Question

yes a small red light comes on and its making a noise but still wont start...the radio works as well as the Ac..
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Everything is working in the Van...It just will not start...It makes a noise and a little red light like a lightening bolt comes on...
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet? what should i try?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No i dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are may things that can cause a no start condition. I'm assuming that the starter does not engage and crank the engine. The problem may be the starter itself, a transmission range sensor related issue, cables and connections, the powertrain control module may be down, it may be an ignition switch or wireless ignition node issue depending on what year the van is.What year is the van?Are the headlamps normal brightness?Can you describe the noise you hear when turning the key to the crank position?