Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chrysler Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Chrysler Diagnostics

Chrysler 300 3.5L: 2005 Chrysler 300 3.5 L I got a guy changing

Customer Question

2005 Chrysler 300 3.5 L
I got a guy changing starter and now he says I have to take to shop cause I have to raise engine? Is that true ?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
The engine does not need to be raised, however the procedure is a bit tough. The intermediate steering shaft upper and lower shaft will need to be separated and then once the starter bolts are removed, it needs to come forward and down and then work it around the exhaust and past the intermediate steering shaft. It is in a tight spot. I've wrapped up a small PDF file to show the removal procedure. Download the PDF file here: my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.