Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

Jazzmaster, we have a Pt cruiser 2008 non-turbo, gave p0204

Customer Question

jazzmaster, we have a Pt cruiser 2008 non-turbo, gave p0204 first...we change the #4 injector...then it gave us a p0202 and we went to all the injectors to check and they all are working ok...then we got a p0204 again...when we had already changed that the mechanic thinks it may be the computer acting out...we are taking this car to the dealer...are we doing right?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no, i have a mechanic friend
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no i have a mechanic friend
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.From your description most likely the harness to the injectors is at fault. Have your mechanic check for charging voltage on the DG/OR wires of the affected injectors, assuming the vehicle still runs. Check the resistance of the injectors and compare to each other, the resistance should be about the same on all four injectors. Also have them check injector pulse, again with the engine running.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.