Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I have 01 pt code p0505 new sensor and

Customer Question

I have 01 pt code p0505 new sensor and ecm wiring ok
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.This procedure is a simple test to check the IAC's circuit operation to determine what part of the circuit is setting the P0505 code. A simple test light is required. 1. Disconnect the 4-wire connector for the IAC. Attach a test light to battery ground. Start the engine, probe the four circuits of the IAC's harness connector while revving the engine up and down. The test light should blink on all four circuits. If it does, attach the test light to battery positive and re-check each circuit again. Once again the test light should blink on and off on all four circuits. If one or more circuits are not blinking, the wiring or the PCM is at fault. If they are blinking, the IAC is at fault.2. To test the wiring between the PCM and the IAC for open circuits and or shorts, I use a sealed beam headlamp as a test light. Resistance tests will show continuity, it takes more than continuity to support a load.3. If the wiring is ok, the PCM is most likely at fault. Also this would not be the first time I've seen defective parts, both dealer and or aftermarket. New only means new and it came in a box. Not necessarily good.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.