Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

Chrysler Town & Country EX: I jumped my 2002 town & country

Customer Question

I jumped my 2002 town & country and when I touched the cable to the plus battery post it arced and now my dash lights don't work. Larry
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.Chrysler designed the instrument cluster illumination circuit without a fuse to protect it. Power to those lamps comes straight from a driver/transistor inside the body control module (BCM) - it is that driver that probably got burnt during the arcing. To confirm, locate the body control module (see attached graphic), then turn the headlamps on and check for power on the Yellow/Red wire coming out of connector C4 cavity 12 (see attached graphic). No power indicates a burnt driver.To repair this issue, a new module would have to be installed and programmed to the vehicle's VIN.Best Regards.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My daughter's boyfriend removed both plus and minus cables from the car battery, clean'd both real good, did the same to the battery post. He then connected the plus cable to plus post. Then minus cable to frame. [ground]. The dash lights came on immediately. Larry
I'm glad your issue is solved and it wasn't a burnt BCM driver.Best Regards.