Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I just received a damaged key message on my 2012 Town and Country.

Customer Question

i just received a damaged key message on my 2012 Town and Country. It was working fine and just did it this morning
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The only issue is that my key will no longer go in to the ignition.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: I have 166,000 miles on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
If you disconnect the battery for 5 min can you start the vehicle then? Do you have a spare key to try? What is your VIN number?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
VIN: 2C4RC1BG9CR126303
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
If you disconnect the battery for 5 min can you start the vehicle then? Do you have a spare key to try?
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
If you don't have a spare key to rule out a bad remote then you likely have a bad remote or bad WIN which is the part you stick your key into. There is no way to bypass this security so you will need a scantool to see what codes it has in the WIN module to repair it... If you need either a WIN or remote a scantool will also bee needed to program them before it will start.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad