chrlsman
chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

Remplace fuse and power window motor of 2004 Sebring convertible

Customer Question

Remplace fuse and power window motor of 2004 Sebring convertible 2.7 dohc. Window driver side and quarter Windows won't work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The driver side window and quarter Windows all sudden didn't went up o down. We to a mechanic told to replace a fuse, I did and told to replace power window motor and still Windows won't work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If is possible otherwise is bit expensive after I have replaced some or the logical things
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: I Checked all fuses under the hood and by driver side fuse box and appeared that they all work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  chrlsman replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the Chrysler techs here.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 1 year ago.
Do your other windows work? If so, we know the window motor circuit breaker is good because only 1 circuit breaker controls all 4 windows. If none of the other windows work, then I would suspect that.See the attached diagram.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 1 year ago.
If the circuit breaker is good, and the window motor is new, then the only other possibility is the window master switch. Replace that and you should be good to go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I remplaced the windo master switch and none of the Windows work.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then I would suspect the circuit breaker. The one circuit breaker controls all of the windows.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where the civility breaker is locate? Is the one mount on driver side look like a black block
Expert:  chrlsman replied 1 year ago.
It is circuit breaker #2 (30A)See attached pic
Expert:  chrlsman replied 1 year ago.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 1 year ago.