sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2005 crossfire automatic, driving 2-3 miles and slow down to

Customer Question

2005 crossfire automatic, driving 2-3 miles and slow down to a stop sign, all warning dash lights come on, the wind flap at the back goes to the up position and I pull forward but it sticks in a first gear only, pull over and shut it off, turn the key again and no start, just dead but the battery is fine, wait a while and keep trying and it suddenly starts, but all warning lights still on and back wind flap still up with the switch flashing and will not go down, shut it off again, tried 2 or 3 more times and start and no warning lights, drive home a short way, this happens every time I go out the past week 5 days in a row, until last night, shut down and would not start again, towed to dealer who said next morning it started fine and can't find anything wrong with it, even though they have a crack mechanic there who knows all about these crossfires apparently, please advise on what to do, seams to be a common problem with no resolve but expensive experiments..
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: said everything possible that I know in my first response
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no, it is at the dealer now, but they are not coming up with an answer
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: I have had the car for 6 months, put an after market radio in 4 months ago, these problems started a week ago, drive it once a day for 3-4 miles thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if you either have a power distribution or bus communication issue. If a module stops communicating with the instrument cluster then it's respective warning light will come on. If all warning lights are coming on together then modules aren't communication because the bus network is shorting to power or ground, or there is a power distribution issue causing multiple modules to go down at the same time. It may not be shifting because the trans controller isn't awake, or it could be a loss of wheel speed signal from the ABS module.Do you know if any fault codes were found?