sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Chrysler 300: I lost the keys to my car and my alarm is still

Customer Question

I lost the keys to my car and my alarm is still active the spare key that I have the remote alarm does not work how can I get into the car it's not letting me in because the alarm is activated in the key just won't work to open it
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The only way to enter the car or to start the engine is with a fully functional SKREEM key, with the integrated fob. There isn't a disarm switch in the door to disarm security when it is unlocked manually since the correct key for the vehicle has an integrated key fob. Disarming security upon entering can only be done with the unlock button on the key fob.If you do have a key that is programmed yet the fob portion doesn't work then the alarm will disarm when the key is inserted, turned to the run position and is validated by the wireless control module.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am unhappy with my answer and would like a refund. This all was obvious! this is not worth $34 for you to tell me what I already told you that it wasn't working
Customer: replied 6 months ago.