Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My 2007 Crysler Grand Caravan failed inspection with code PO456

Customer Question

My 2007 Crysler Grand Caravan failed inspection with code PO456 and PO404, can u tell me if these are hard to fix.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This is all I know, The light keeps coming on and my husband has checked this van over, resets the computer and, then, that light comes back on again. The place I took it to get inspected stated these codes to me and we are trying to figure out how to figure these codes out because my husband, usually can fix anything, but, he does not what to fix!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: He has checked the gas cap, he keeps this van in tip top shape, he is an outboard mechanic, so, he knows about engines.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: If he can fix it, he will, but, he does not kno0w what to look for!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 7 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist the 404 is a miss fire code for the engine on cylinder number 4. have him check the plugs, wires and coil for any wear or burn marks or if they are just worn out. the 456 is a evap code. common issues revolve around the cannister vent valve being stuck open that is the most common but using a smoke machine is the real way to determine the failure. clearing the code does nothing as the problem is still there. does he have access to a smoke machine??? Roy