Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country with 167,000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country with 167,000 miles. The Check Engine light has come on, but there is no apparent change in drivability. I have put about 700 to 800 miles on it since the light came on. I took it to an auto parts store today who put a code checker on it, which said something about the transmission, with (MIL..something) in parens at the end.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is simple I would like to fix it myself.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: The transmission is original. I have owned it since 19,000 miles and do regular maintenance.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 months ago.
What code number did they read at the auto parts store?