Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Trying to get the monitor set to pass inspection. Only 2 are

Customer Question

trying to get the monitor set to pass inspection. Only 2 are set and I have driven 222 miles. I need at least one more to set
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't know how to drive the vehicle so the monitor will set.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I have to take it back to the inspection station. I have made 3 trips already
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No, but the mechanic is the one who told me I have to drive it so the monitor will set. I reading different things on the internet about letting it idle. what is the procedure to get the monitor to set. I been working with this for 5 days, and it have to past before the end of the week.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Below is a procedure I have followed several times before in the past to help get the monitors to run and pass.In some cases this procedure has to be done twice.Follow this procedure to get these monitors to run and pass. Cold Start The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 81 kPa. The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between (41-86°F). The intake air temperature (IAT) is between (41-86°F). The start-up ECT and IAT are within (16°F) of each other. The battery voltage is between 9-16 volts. The fuel level is between 15-85 percent. Important: Whenever the ignition is turned ON, ignition positive voltage is supplied to the HO2S heaters. After verifying the enable criteria, turn OFF the ignition for approximately 5 minutes to allow the sensors to cool before continuing with the test. Once the engine is started, DO NOT turn the engine OFF for the remaining portion of the set procedure.Turn OFF all of the accessories, Set the vehicle parking brake. Verify the transmission is in Park for automatic transmissions and Neutral for manual transmissions. Start the engine and allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes.Acceleration at part throttle to (55 mph) with this speed maintained until the engine reaches operating temperature. This may be up to 8 minutes depending on the start up coolant temperature. Continued operation under these conditions for an additional 6 minutes. Acceleration at part throttle to (45-55 mph) with this speed maintained for 2 minutes. Deceleration to (0 mph). Engine idling for 2 minutes while the following criteria is maintained: The service brake is depressed. The automatic transmission is in drive. The manual transmission is in neutral with the clutch pedal depressed If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete