Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Chrysler 2010 Town & country: I have a 2010 Town & country

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Town & country with less than 50,000 mi & the transmission has gone out for the 3rd time. Two dealers replaced the compounder gear & bearings with less than 2,000 mi between fixes. I think I should ask for a remanufactured trans. but I read one person had a failure with a remanufactured trans also. What do you recommend?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your T&C.Did the Dealer replace the whole transmission or just the compounder gear & bearings?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just the gear & bearings. I do have an extended warranty still in effect.
Ok, thats what we need to do then. This thing appears to be "unrepairable" and has become a huge inconvenience. Now with respect to the warranty company handling this repair, they are ultimately in charge of what will be done since they are paying for it. We have had great success with installing a remanufactured transmission so the one person you read about may have been an anomaly. Are you willing to put some of your own money into this repair?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank You. We are done here.
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. I have a couple suggestions but need to know if you would still like some help in getting the transmission replaced under warranty. Please post the last 8 digits of the VIN and exact Miles on the vehicle. Keep me posted... Thank you, Robert