Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

My 2008 Chrysler 300 is starting to rev up after a short distance

Customer Question

My 2008 Chrysler 300 is starting to rev up after a short distance at slow speed. It stays revved up for about 5 seconds and then comes back down. I did not drive far because it did it again. I was able to get back home driving slow
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are describing may be caused by sludge build up in the throttle body. I would try disconnecting the negative battery cable and then take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the throttle body a good cleaning. After doing so, reconnect the cable and start the engine and allow it to idle for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the computer to relearn the closed throttle values for proper idle. Give this a try and post back if need be and we can work from there.