Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I'm interested in a car listed by an elderly lady.

Customer Question

I'm interested in a car listed for sale by an elderly lady. It's a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus, excellent condition, low mileage, etc. However, they say the alarm activated, and the owner didn't know how to reset it, and now the car won't start. Is this something that would be inexpensive to repair? Thank you
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.This will depend if it is Factory or Aftermarket AlarmI am assuming that it is Factory.Using the door key cylinder or the RKE transmitter lock/unlock operation will arm/disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS)To DisArm, Press the UNLOCK Button on Transmitter OR Turn Key to UNLOCK in either front DoorIF the Alarm System still has an issue, then use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Program the Alarm Moduleapprx 1 hour laborIF the Alarm Module is bad:Est apprx $295.00.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service...............................