Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

I want to program a second remote JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

I want to program a second remote
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2006 Town and country and want to program a second key
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I followed some directions from the internet but they didn't work
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you on this concern. If you only have one existing key that runs the vehicle, you will have no choice but to visit your local dealer for key and/or fob programming. There are procedures that a customer can use but this is only if you already have 2 key fobs that are already programmed to the vehicle and want to program a third. The procedure REQUIRES the use of a factory scanner along with the vehicle's PIN number to be able to program keys and fobs if you one or no keys that are already programmed. This is a security measure to be sure that no one can just get a transponder key and program it to your vehicle. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask... Thank you, Robert ____________________________________________If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly "Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!