sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Yes I played my car alarm disable my car it will not turn it

Customer Question

yes I played my car alarm disable my car it will not turn it over and it died on me going down the road
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: yes check engine light came on I have my sister with me and said it was a crank sensor and I replaced it and now it will not turn or nothing it won't even turn the motor over I think it's the alarm
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Destiny disconnecting the negative for an hour to drain the battery on the alarm it did not help
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: I have the battery charger on it right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the engine died while driving and now the starter does not engage then it's very possible that the powertrain control module is not awake. The PCM is the module that controls all engine functions, it could be down due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground.Have fuses been checked?What year and model is the vehicle?