sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Alarm on 2006 Chrysler pacifica will not reset put key into

Customer Question

alarm on 2006 Chrysler pacifica will not reset put key into inginition but it will not reset or crank is alarm tied into the switch
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: starter went out put on new starter now alarm will not reset nor will it trun over to crank is the alarm disableing the igination
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: put key into car turned to on will not reset took off battery cable
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: not battery its the alarm
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!I'm not sure that you have an alarm related issue. Either of the factory security systems would cause the engine to start, run for two seconds and die. If the starter simply never engaged then it isn't likely a security related issue.Why was the starter replaced?