Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Chrysler 200 convertible: I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 convert

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 convert w/2.4l engine. After having it serviced including air and cabin air filter it has developed a knocking sound seeming to be coming from the right side dashboard area. It occurs at infrequent intervals and does not seem related to the engine, AC, fan, or braking. It sometimes will start up without us even in the car but starts when the remote is activated or the door is opened. It will occur while driving and stops after 10 or 15 seconds. If it happens while driving I apply the brake, shut off the fan and radio and it still goes on until it decides to stop. it is frustrating to say the least. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. It sounds like you have a broken HVAC door actuator but the only way to find it will be to have the codes read in the HVAC or open the glove box and locate the tapping when it happens... This is a common issue we see and it could be the recirc door actuator but again you will either have to have the codes read with a scantool or just locate the noise when it happens.. Once you locate the actuator that is knocking all you have to do is replace it and it will calibrate itself.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad