roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Extensive experience working with all models of Chrysler for over 35 years
3506196

My name is ***** *****, and I'm working on a 1986 colt

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****, and I'm working on a 1986 colt vista, 2.0, someone else installed the coil and they wired the coil and ballast resister wrong, now I cant find a good diagram telling me which wire goes where.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my customer towed in the car, his neighbor installed the ignition coil but the wired the ballast resister, coil, and distributor incorrectly, and I cant find a picture or correct diagram on what wire goes where
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 7 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist I have found a wiring diagram for you but I need to send 2 pictures. the coil and distributor are at the edge of it and you will have to print them and attach them to get the correct view. let me know Roy
second one
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the same diagram, I have 2 other ones as well, they all say the distributor connects directly to the coil, but this distributor has 2 wires, one of them has a connector that is enclosed partially and can only fit on the stud on the ballast resistor, kind-of like a half moon, so this contradicts the wiring diagrams, that's your issue. So if the diagrams say the 2 distributor wires connect to the coil, it cant, the coil doesn't have the half moon stud to fit the distributor connector.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Srry I meant that's my issue.