Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My convertible top on 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible It's

Customer Question

My convertible top on 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible It's stuck in down position. First time having any issues with the top. I'm seeing other messages about this same issue and what looks like a recall. I'm on hold with the dealership that has my car right now.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Monday I went to put top down and it got stuck on way down.. mid operation.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. There is a recall for some issues with the roof itself.It is to replace some faulty micro switches and reprogram the PTCM.The bulletin number is ***** is also another one to just reprogram the PTCM and install a warning label,this is bulletin G41. I would have this checked to see if your model needs to have these done to see if this corrects the fault here.If it does not I suspect one of the micro switches at fault as this is most common needing replaced.This would have to be tested further to be sure. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete