Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

My malfunction indicator light came on last Friday. It does

Customer Question

My malfunction indicator light came on last Friday. It does not blink and the van runs fine. Do you know what it could be, or how to get it to go off. My van only has about 46,000 miles on it. It is a 2007, Town and Country. Thank you.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No.
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chrysler Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried setting it to auxillary 3 times and then starting it, but it still came on.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
Most Chrysler models with a digital odometer can run a self-diagnostic. Let's give it a try....Get in the vehicle, and close all the doors. Without starting the engine, cycle the ignition ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON within 5 seconds. Where the odometer is should now be displayed "p-codes" (ie. P0123) - Can I have these codes?Make sure to end in the ON position, and do it quickly- within 5 seconds.If you don't get it on the first try, cycle the ignition OFF. Wait 10 seconds. Try again. On your first try, it can be tricky!