sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Wont trip sensers after clearing all codes. driven hundreds

Customer Question

wont trip sensers after clearing all codes. driven hundreds of miles??? help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Chrysler had it for a week. now I am at another mechanic who is baffled
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: chrysler had to fix a problem that prevented the car from talking to the computer before they could clear the codes. then they told me to drive it a week then test it. I did. keep telling me the sensors have not tripped yet.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!I'm assuming that codes were cleared and one or more OBDII monitors have not ran and passed. If that's the case and there are no fault codes setting then it's just a matter of driving it in the correct conditions for the monitor in question to run and pass. Depending on temperatures and driving styles this may prove hard to do without a scan tool to monitor data while driving.What year and model is the vehicle?What monitors have not yet run?