Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My Chrysler 300c stopped running and won't start it's not th

Customer Question

My Chrysler 300c stopped running and won't start it's not the fuel pump and my check engine light flashes 10 times what the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We we're driving and the car just stopped running and now all it does is crank no start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. With the check engine light flashing this can indicate a fault has been detected by the engine computer or an internal fault in the engine computer itself needing replaced.The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done already is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Then from there those codes are diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.I have seen issues with the crank sensor at fault needing replaced causing this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My son got it go start for about 10 seconds by using starting fluid but won't stay running so I don't believe it's the crank sensor and I put my scanner on it no codes says pass that all but the check engine light still blinking 10 times
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
If your son got it to start with starting fluid there is a good chance that this is the fuel pump itself at fault here.I have seen the fuel pump fail commonly before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.If the fuel pressure has not been tested at all this needs done to see if the pump needs replaced especially with no codes set.I would start with having the pressure tested with a fuel pressure test gauge to see if the pump needs replaced. The fuel pressure on the fuel pressure test gauge should read between 53 and 61 psi with the key on and engine off or when cranking over the engine.If any lower then the 53 psi then the pump is weak needing replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Put new fuel pump in and checked all fuses still won't start also put in new crank sensor no idea what else it could be
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Is your scan tool one that can communicate with all computers on this model here to see what codes are set as some cheaper code readers are unable to do this. Let me know,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It took you to long to answer my question so I sent it to the dealer to get it fixed and found out it's the computer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not very happy with the wait time