Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

Chrysler PT Cruiser: Sis drove 02 pt cruiser. It shut down.

Customer Question

Sis drove 02 pt cruiser. It shut down. No lights no power. Nothing. Turn key and no power. No headlights either.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAsnwer.My name is ***** ***** you description, it sounds that something is deadly shorted and that is why you have a lot of sparks when trying to connect a new battery ( I believe you connect it correctly, I mean polarity) .There are basically 3 components that are connected directly to the battery positive terminal :1) Starter motor2) Alternator.3) Power distribution center( fuse block).It it sparks really heavy, then you need to trace battery positive cable down to the starter motor and to the alternator to make sure the cables are not shorted to ground.If cables are ok, then you will need to actually disconnect the cable from the back of the alternator and check if it is still sparking when you plug the battery.You may need to do the same with the starter .Once you find what caused sparking and fix that, you can connect the battery and check what is going on with fuses in the Power Distribution Center. Some of them could be blown so check it out.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I am just checking if my answer helped and you found the problem.Please let me know