Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Car was stolen and put in a new column and ignition and imobilizer

Customer Question

Car was stolen and put in a new column and ignition and imobilizer by mechanic. Then advised to have a locksmith come out and reprogram the key. He comes out and tells me the skim module has been changed. And the only thing I can do is take it to the dealer, its no way to over ride unless you go to the dealer. Is this true?
JA: Huh?
Customer: Im sorry what did you not understand?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, i dont know how to. Ive had two mechanics and two locksmiths and almost 500.00 dollars later and no fix.
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... If it's a new SKIM module it will need to be programmed to PCM first then program keys to the SKIM module.. This will need to be done with a scantool.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad