Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

I have a 1998 chrysler cirrus with a no start condition. I

Customer Question

I have a 1998 chrysler cirrus with a no start condition. I pu a fuel pump in it but no luck.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just tested the spark and it doesn't have any spark either
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
im not sure if you got my email. its***@******.***
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** more details please.1) is it a 4 cylinders 2.4L or V6 2,5L engine?2) Do you have any trouble codes?Please reply bacjk
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's a 2.5 litre V6. No codes.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Update, it is getting fuel pressure now. I didn't realize that it needed a bit of back pressure in order for it to flow. But it still not getting spark. So I'm wondering if it's that distributor/coil module or maybe the crank sensor.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Based on for information you provided so far, it appears that you have a problem with the distributor assembly.I will explain why I am coming to that conclusion.1) A faulty crankshaft position sensor would set a trouble code like - No Crank Reference at PCM.2) If the CKP sensor was bad, it would not send signal to the PCM and the PCM in turn would not energize ASD and fuel pump relay while cranking, so you can check for +12V power at the injectors or at the distributor on Dark Green/Orange wire while engine is cranked and if you have +12V there, it means the ASD relay is energized by PCM.We have had a lot of issues with distributors, CKP sensors and sometimes even with PCM modules in early 2000-2005 years.Thanks
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I am just checking if my answer helped you or if you need more assistance.Thanks