George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

08 town and country, what is the purpose of the structural

Customer Question

08 town and country, what is the purpose of the structural collar attached to the upper oil pan?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Just a question
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, This is a stressed assembly so the engine vibration is dispersed through the mounts and is dampened as much as possible. In other words it stiffens the structure of the engine block and helps kill the vibration. Please let me know how I can help you with your questions Thank you