Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Chrysler: We have a Chrysler 2011 Town and Country Limited

Customer Question

We have a Chrysler 2011 Town and Country Limited that we purchased about 8 months ago. Shortly after driving it for awhile, we noticed that when shifting, especially from reverse to drive, that the transmission would slam into gear, so much so that it feels that it is slamming into the bottom of the driver's seat. We have had it into a dealer twice, one time for three days, and they can find nothing with their diagnostic equipment. The problem is that is doesn't do it ALL of the time. When we had it at the dealer's, they were unable to get it to do it. Had it home a couple of days, and it did it several times in one day. Any help you can give us???
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I have seen a couple of different things cause this here. First is debris build up in the transmission valve body blocking flow passages intermittently causing fluid pressure issues which causes this slamming here.In allot of cases a simple transmission flush will correct this here. The other issue is an intermittent fault with the pressure control/regulating solenoid in the valve body needing replaced.I have had to replace this before. What has to be done here unfortunately is to have the fault duplicated and in some cases this can require leaving the vehicle at the dealer or a transmission repair facility so they can duplicate the fault to then test and pinpoint the issue.I have had to ask my customers before if I can hold onto their vehicle to duplicate the fault and in some cases this can take up to a week or more. I suspect one of these is the cause here.You can try having a flush done then operate it from there to see if this resolves the issue as well as this is the cheapest route to go. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete