Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My airbag light won't go off. First attempt at dealer failed.

Customer Question

My airbag light won't go off. First attempt at dealer failed. They said it was a connector pin under the seat. I think they just cleared the failure because it came back soon after. My warranty is expired and I feel like I'm driving around with a constant safety issue
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: The car is a 2012 200S. Original transmission. What's that have to do with the airbag light?
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Are you a real person?
JA: I'm an assistant to the Chrysler Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: But are you a real person?
JA: I'm a bot and that's a GOOD thing, because it means I can help you and the Chrysler Mechanic for free. Of course, the Chrysler Mechanic is a real person.
Customer: Listen Bot, the transmission has nothing to do with the airbag light
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. I apologize for the bot above...sometimes very confusing. I am a real technician and just saw your question here. Did the dealer tell you the fault code number setting with this issue here at all by chance and if so can you post it here for me? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No they didn't
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm assuming it's the ACM
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
O.k.,in some cases a loose connection is common for the air bag light to come on and I think this is why the dealer adjusted or disconnected and reconnected it as this sometimes corrects the fault here.If we can find out what code number was set with this issue here this will help quite a bit.In some cases you can call the dealer and they can pull the history for you to tell you the code number is.I suspect an air bag component is failing needing replaced or an issue with the seat belt buckle or clock spring in the steering column possibly. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete