Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have an emergency problem with a 2000

Customer Question

***** *****. I have an emergency flasher problem with a 2000 Chrysler LHS. Started when the right had turn signal would not shut off until I depressed the emergency flasher button. Later the flashers came on with the button in the out (off) position. Depressing the button now shuts them off. Switch issue?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Once in a while the turn signal blinks fast as if a bulb is burned out, but then it is fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Yes I have seen this before and it is a switch problem. Have tge hazard switch replaced. I am 99 % sure that this will fix it. Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is this something I can easily do, or does it require disassembly of the steering column?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will try that. Thank you.
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
I will send you the procedures. It is not that hard if you have decent mechanical skills. Be back asap Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Ok my friend, here is the procedure. Purchase the multifunction switch first so you can see what it is you are replacing. It will make more sense. So I have the procedure in the link below. Click on it and print it out if you want. I hope this helps, and if so, would you kindly take a minute to rate my service today? I would really appreciate it and please know that if you have any further questions after you rate, no worries because I will still help you even after you rate. Thank you! Chris. Here is the link:
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see how it is going. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris