Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler Sebring: No start. Get a clicking noise when trying

Customer Question

No start. Get a clicking noise when trying to start. Battery fully charged. Will turn key on and move gear selector up and down, then to park, car will start. Wassup ???
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
I doubt if this is a neutral safety switch problem since something is clicking and it's most likely the starter relay that is clicking. Can you confirm this by placing your finger tips on that relay and feel f it's clicking when you or someone else turns the key to start. I want to download the wiring diagram for this, so I need to know if this is a sedan or convertible. Also, do you have a voltmeter or at least a 12 volt test light?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
I see this doesn't even have a starter relay, the starter solenoid is powered from the TIPM (totally integrated power module). Because of that, I believe the next step would be to retrieve all the codes from all of the modules and give them to me. If you don't have a scan tool or code reader, see if you can borrow or rent one, or just get an inexpensive Actron. I bought one a few years ago for like $35.