Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

Chrysler town and country: My rear lift gate on my 2010 Town

Customer Question

My rear lift gate on my 2010 Town and Country will not open or close by using remote or buttons, the mechanism makes a noise ( a click ) but gate does not respond.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, does yours have a key lock option to open the liftgate and does it work if equipped. I suspect that the locking actuator assembly is faulty but need to get the last 8 of the vin number in order to pull all the schematics to verify
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
AR404094
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, Ok, will it open manually? and does it unlock and lock by using the remote or buttons?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It will open manually and locks with remote
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it hard to remove the paneling so I can see the mechanism?
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,Ok, it is pretty easy to remove - I have uploaded the directions.Once you have it off, confirm if the locking mechanism is working. If it is, then we will need to test the liftgate motor
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
Hi,the directions to remove the D pillar referred to in the directions to remove the liftgate pivot rod didnt upload, so here they are
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to see how to remove the paneling. Was that the first link?
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, Ok, you have to first remove the D pillar(last link), then remove the pivot rod(2nd link), then you are able to remove the trim panel from the door(first link). For some reason they posted in reverse order. To remove the rear trim panels, you have to first remove the pivot rod, and to remove it, you have to remove the D pillar.Once the pivot rod is off, then the trim panel pulls right off. It is only held by plastic clips- no screws
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
YES
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,Ok, did you get the trim off and does the locking mechanism actuate?