Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Pearl. My 2010 T&C touring lift gate latch doesn't work.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. My 2010 T&C touring lift gate latch doesn't work. It makes zero noise
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: My lift gate motor quit working a while back but the latch was still working fine. Now the latch doesn't work. I checked the fuses and there all good. I disconnected the battery terminals and no luck. Also the dashboard lights do not show that the lift gate is open when it is
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases the wiring can break that leads from the body into the tail gate itself.I have seen this occur before and had to repair the wiring.I would inspect all wiring leading into the tail gate from the body for any issues and if any issues are found it will need repaired. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete