Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

I am buying a 2007 PT Cruiser from a friend. I only have one

Customer Question

I am buying a 2007 PT Cruiser from a friend. I only have one key, and the buttons do not unlock the door.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: That's what I'm working on right now.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that will do.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Providing there are no issue with the FOB and the battery in it is okay the first thing you need to do is to try programming it . I have enclosed the steps to program it in the link below . Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ron,
I finally got around to trying to reprogram the FOB for the PT Cruiser. I had forgotten that I had posted my question.
When I cut and paste your link, it sends an error saying the URL cannot be found.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
I have resent the link, be sure to print it out as it will time out over time.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The link instructions didn't work. I repeated the process several times.
The battery in my key is putting out 3 volts and is in with the proper side up.
What now?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
If its not programming with the factory steps then you may have a problem with the remote and or the system. Have you scanned the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The only code is for a failing catalytic converter. I'll install a new one this Thursday. I think that was the only code, but I'll check again after the new cat is installed.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
The converter should have n affect on the FOB programming, If the system is not programming then you have to have a problem with the FOB and or the remote system system.