Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: I have a 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser 85750 miles was driving one day and the car would not shift out of 1st gear. Check engine light came on and the vehicle went into "limp-mode". My Mechanic scanned the vehicle received codes: P0700 & P0883. He changed out the speed sensors and the transmission solenoid. The check engine light goes out but he is unable to get the vehicle out of "limp-mode"or get the computer to reset. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Did the mechanic do a thorough wiring inspection from the TIPM (under hood fuse box) to the transmission solenoid pack? Chris
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes... he did a 23 point vehicle inspection and an electrical system inspection. This has happened before at 62086 mileage point but he was able to clear the codes and reset the computer.
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Ok, give me a few minutes to check some things. I will be right back. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I have found a diagnostic procedure for you to print out and give to your mechanic. You may have a failed TIPM, or PCM (engine computer). If he/she follows this procedure exactly like it says, then the problem will be revealed. Click on the link below to see the procedure. I hope this is helpful and if so please take a minute to rate my service. That way I will get credit for helping you. If you have any follow up questions after you rate, no worries because I will continue to assist you even after you rate! Thank you! Chris Here is the link:
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey Chris.... we are not able to open the document. Can you copy and paste it and send it to my email?***@******.***
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Sure. Give me a minute to do that. Chris.
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Ok, just sent it. Chris
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Chris... the document margins are not centered so the instructions are being cropped off. We can't read it!!
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Hmmm, ok let me see why. I will be back
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I think I fixed it. I emailed it again. Let me know if you can now see it correctly Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Did that work Tracey? Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Can you now see the procedure correctly? Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Where did you go? Chris