Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Since I purchased a used 2008 PT Cruiser a year ago, I've always

Customer Question

Since I purchased a used 2008 PT Cruiser a year ago, I've always had the "Check Engine" light on. My initial visit to Firestone eliminated two issues but a transmission defect remained.
More recently, I visited the local Chrysler Repair shop to get a new $250.00 ignition key (Highway Robbery), but they couldn't "talk" to my computer and wanted to keep the car overnight for more (expensive) diagnostics.
I remembered an experience with my last car (Saturn). My daughter left the lights on and we required a jump - which fried the onboard computer.
So my question is, could there be some damage to my Cruiser's computer that is affecting all the subsystems? (...which may be why someone sold it in the first place) And what do I do about it? The car runs OK, it's not an emergency.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 6 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist do you remember the code from the trans???have you had a parts store try to read the code?? it is a free service Roy