Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

I'm looking to find the EGR Valve and Intake to clean on a

Customer Question

I'm looking to find the EGR Valve and Intake to clean on a 2011 v6 Diesel WK2
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no that is it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is***** valve is located on the RH outer side of the engine. It is attached to its cooler and you can see a pipe going to the upper intake manifold.You may need to take the top engine cover and then silencer foam off the RH cylinder head in order to see it.We have had some issues with EGR valves when it caused check engine light and corresponding trouble codes, but we never needed to clean it.It is not very easy to remove it, I used to undo whole EGR cooler in order to lift it up and then you can undo two screws and remove the valve from the cooler.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The issues you had that you mention. How did you fix? I got a P0401 one week ago and the check engine light came on. So was thinking to clean if possible.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
In 99% it is an internal EGR valve failure. We have had it maybe about 10 cases so far especially in the beginning when new WK appeared in 2011. We used to replace EGR valve assembly and never heard back from these customers. It all was done under warranty that time.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Could you please rate my answer 3 stars or more if you believe I have answered you question.Thanks,Vlad