Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

The driver seat when you try to go forward or back only works

Customer Question

the driver seat when you try to go forward or back only works on one side the seat seems to be jammed on one side. the motor is working
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes, the higher or lower works and the tilt works. when you try to go forward or backward only one side works.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** seen exactly the same problem before.The forward /rearward motor has something like a flexible cable that goes to the LH ane RH track of the seat. the cable should be attached to both LH and RH sides of the seat mechanism in order to move it evenly.If you had something under that seat ( like water bottle or something large) and it was moved, it is quite likely it hit or even damaged that cable or mechanism.You will need to find the forward /rearward motor and inspect everything related to it.try to adjust the seat up us much as possible and you might have access to inspect it from underneath of the seat. If not, then you may need to unbolt the seat and tilt it back so you have access to the track mechanism.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am just checking if you found something wrong within your seat mechanism.Thanks