Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Just replaced pump on canister to get rid of Gas cap ligtlight

Customer Question

just replaced pump on canister to get rid of Gas cap ligtlight went out reset codes with test set the only thing left is I/M ready for evap haw long or how many cyclestill ready?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. It should run and pass the evap monitor within 2 days, but be sure you have over 1/4 tank of fuel before letting the monitor run. By the way, if you are in California, you can get by with the evap monitor not passing and still pass the emissions test. I am a smog tech here in California and know that for a fact. I hope this information helps, and if so, please take a minute to rate my service. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer?Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris