sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Lost key need to progra new key car wont start JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

Lost key need to progra new key car wont start
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes aaa made me a key but cant program without code
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... You said you need to program a key? Do you have a scantool and what kind of Chrysler do you have?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2005 Chrysler pt cruiser aaa has the equipment to program
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
If you need the PIN code I will need your VIN number..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I sent vin #
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the delay!! I have the SKIM pin number in the folder below.. Once you accept the PIN will show.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry the VIN you gave me comes back invalid..
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
It says it's a unsold vehicle.....
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently feels comfortable posting it here. Having the correct VIN would also be necessary to obtain it.What you would need to do to obtain the code is see your dealer with the VIN and proof of ownership (the registration and your ID are usually required) and they'll be able to give you the code. AAA would also be able to obtain the code on your behalf with the VIN and their repair order proving they are authorized to work on the vehicle.