Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Not getting enough power to theinjectors JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

not getting enough power to theinjectors
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: no
JA: What else is going on?
Customer: no start and injector codes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.Check the harness for any wiring issues, check fuses. It's possible the PCM is shutting it down if the security system is activated or even defective. Running some tests with a scan tool will help find the problem.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All the wiring seems fine, no blown fuses.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Then the computer may be the problem.
Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there anything else I can check? It seems like checking wires and fuses isn't a lot of testing to determine that the computer is bad. With a new computer being $700 I'd rather not gamble on a quick guess as to what is wrong with my car.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Yes, that's where the scan too lcomes in to check the inputs and outputs.Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay, what inputs and outputs do I need to look for? I have a scan tool that does obd2 live data.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
All of them to see what doesn't make sense in order to condemn the PCM.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you still need more help later on.Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If the car does not start the live data doesn't tell me anything.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Yes it does, it sounds like you may need some help with this from a Tech.Thanks again, Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you not a tech that can help then?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
I sure am, if I were there. You need to bring it to a shop at this point.Thanks again, Ron
Expert:  Brad replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... Sorry for the previous expert but can I start by getting what kind of Chrysler you have and also if any codes are active in the PCM? Talk soon,Brad
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
My opting out of your question was only due to your lack of tooling and understanding of my requests. Thanks for your understanding while I opened up your question to someone else. Good luck.Thanks again, Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe I'm done with this. Thanks for the "help" but being insulted about my knowledge of cars is not my idea of helping.
Expert:  Brad replied 7 months ago.
Again I apologize for the previous expert but I would like to help if you would allow me to. Can you tell me what kind of vehicle you have and if there are any codes in the PCM?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is an 04 PT cruiser. The codes are P0508, P0300, P0032, P0038, P0201, and P0204
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So nothing?