Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Chrysler Sebring JX (Convertible): I have a 1997 chrysler Sebring.

Customer Question

I have a 1997 chrysler Sebring. I installed a refurbished pcm and tried to get it smoged. It did not pass. Autozone said all that was required is to just install it. The guy at the smog said it had to be reset. How do I do this, if I can do it myself?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 6 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist the pcm has to be flashed to your car. it is the operating system for your car only. the smog place is correct. you need a scan tool, communicator and access to the software from chrysler. most people dont have this at home. a shop can do it for you and they usually charge about 100-125 bucks. Roy