Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

Electric trunk switch does not work keyless trunk switch does

Customer Question

Electric trunk switch does not work keyless trunk switch does not work the key will open the trunk convertible top will not function
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes other than the convertible top malfunction
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: We put the scanner the fault code is b253a
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to try and help you with the problem you are having we are going to need to know what your working on, year and model of your Chrysler please. Post back with complete information and I will see if I can help you with this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

2008 sebring

Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
The code B253A indicates you have a problem with the latch limiter switch and in order to determine the cuase you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.