Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Name is ***** *****. Looking to find out what the diagnostic

Customer Question

Name is ***** *****. Looking to find out what the diagnostic code 12 on the cruse control means.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am following instructions you had on checking error codes on a 2001 Chrysler sebring coupe. All fuses good, brake switch seems to be good, fuses under hood good. Cruise light comes on just don't get the throttle hold to engage. Doesn't seem to be an vacuum leaks that I can hear or effect driveability.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.the common thing that will cause this problem is a bad/leaking vacuum reservoir/pod./ isnt holding the vacuum.PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]. the link doesn’t work that way, try it this If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help