Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Chrysler Cirus: My ex been driving her 2000 Chrysler cirus

Customer Question

My ex been driving her 2000 Chrysler cirus with a bad power steering pump.She has big arms now but she pulled up to Walmart and turned her car off . Now her car ignition seems to be locked up and the wheel and key won't budge
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... It sounds like you may have a bad key cylinder and if so then you should try tapping the key into the cylinder like hammering a nail to see if it free's up the tumblers so you can turn it.. Also you can try tapping it while turning the steering wheel left and right.. If tapping it allows you to turn the key I would replace the key cylinder and tumblers. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So you don't think the no power steering has anything to do with the locked up ignition and steering wheel
Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.
I wouldn't think so but if the wheel is turned and the key in binded up then moving the wheel left and right will release it to turn the key... I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Expert:  Brad replied 8 months ago.
I see you have 4 question and you haven't rated any of them.. Make sure to rate so we can continue to help you because that's the only way were compensated for our time.,. Thanks,Brad