roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Extensive experience working with all models of Chrysler for over 35 years
3506196

Chrysler Town & Country Limited: 2008 Chrysler Town and

Customer Question

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited. My car stalls when put in Drive, but its ok in reverse, neutral and parking
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 8 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist is the check engine light on??in most cases, it is a transmission related failure from the torque converter being engaged. have you changed the oil/filter in the transmission lately??? Roy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good Morning Roy.
Engine light is not on and any job has been done to the transmission. Anything that can be done?
I would try changing the oil/filter in the trans first. if that does not resolve it, the torque converter would have to be replaced. sorry for the bad news. Roy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks . Do you know how much does it usually cost to get the torque converter replaced? I'm in Orlando,FL
the converter is around 200.the labor is about 6-7-hoursadd about 50 for fluids and accessories I am in central pa. with our labor rates, it would be around 1100 please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy