sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I'm sitting in a parking lot I completely shut off the engine

Customer Question

I'm sitting in a parking lot I completely shut off the engine I left no lights on at all. I went to the aTm to withdrawal cash, once I came back the car wouldn't start the key would turn but nothing would happen no ignition nothing just the electrical parts would come on briefly them shutoff
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: I cannot give you a exact date of the transmissions age but I do know the Chrysler is old
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: The car was running perfectly fine
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Is there any way possible for the car to start so I can get home?
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are quite a few things that can prevent the starter from engaging, especially depending on what the vehicle is. The problem could be the starter itself, the ignition switch, the starter relay, it could be a wiring issue or it may be transmission range sensor related.Do you hear any noise from the engine compartment when the key is turned?What year and model is the vehicle?