Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I have a chrysler and the engine fluids sometimes .has a

Customer Question

i have a chrysler and the engine fluids sometimes .has a high fuel . oder and black smoke comes from the tailpipe. engine lopes until i hold the acelerator down..this is beging to happen more often now. can you help me.?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Having a high oil level as well as a fuel smell would indicate the engine is over fueling which would also explain the black smoke. I would start first with checking the fuel pressure to be sure it with in specs. Normal pressure should not exceed 55 PSI. If it dose that that usually means the regulator has failed or is leaking . Lets check this first and get the results. Post back with the results and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do ii need any special tools for this test . where do i start?.
a engine diagram would be nice.so i would know where each item is located.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
All you well need to start with would be a fuel pressure gauge to check the pressure. You should have a service port on the injector rail. Which part are you needing a picture of?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
not sure yet will get fuel pressure first.then hit u back.question;does the eng have to be running when I do test?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Yes it best to have it running to get an accurate reading. Post back when you get it done and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ron im sorry for it taking so long for the actual pressure reading but; it hasn,t acted up.iassume the problem has to exits before the pressuer reading will be correct,right?.so please bear with me.would a normal pressure reading work?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Yes you will want to check it when its acting up. No hurry, IM here everyday , post back when you ready.