EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

The car will not turn over. its a no crank no start issue.

Customer Question

The car will not turn over. its a no crank no start issue. We've checked the battery cables, the battery, the starter, and the ignition. all of those are ruled out. the motor crankshaft will still move. so the engine is not locked up.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: no. it's not the battery.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: ? the battery has been taken to a shop and tested. it's fine.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: that the ignition switch is working, the starter has been replaced. the battery cables and battery have been inspected. and the red security light in the middle of my dash stays illuminated when I turn the key over. I believe it may be a security issue.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.
Hi. Have you checked the starter relay? What kind of Chrysler is this?
Thank you for letting me assist you. Please rate my service and have a great day.